Pokemon Go has gotten the whole world by storm! And it’s also inspired the Pokemon-naming creativity of players. Pinoys take a stab at it and come up with some of the wackiest monikers. End up in stitches laughing or throw a fit because of the sheer corniness. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- Bulbausarado (Bulbasaur) – by Reb Atadero
Just you wait, young man.
2. BigMuk (Muk) – by Steph Esguerra
Fast food these days.
3. ChansySupsup (Chansey)
Charm, personality, audience impact. You go, girl!
4. CherryPie (Pikachu) *as shared by Ailen Claudio
Because the Pokeverse needs stars, too.
5. CuBoniAvenue (Cubone) – by Steph Esguerra
The thoroughfare for the hard-headed.
6. Flirtle (Squirtle) – by Steph Esguerra
The flirtiest Pokemon of all.
7. OkClefairyKo (Clefairy) – by Ailen Claudio
Nasaan na si Prinsipe K?
8. LolaNidoran (Nidoran) – by Portia Trinidad
Senior citizen Pokemons also exist.
9. Magikarpet (Magikarp)– by Ailen Claudio
It can show you the world–shining, shimmering, splendid.
10. Oddishige (Oddish) – by Portia Trinidad
My personal favorite. Just needs a little prodding to convince.
11. ParaSaanPa (Paras) – by Steph Esguerra
For those post-heartbreak gamers.
12. PinsirReyes (Pinsir) – by Steph Esguerra
I bet he can do a mean Ragga Muffin Girl dance. (Kudos to people of my generation)
13. PoliWagPo (Poliwag) – by Ailen Claudio
How could you?!
14. Rattatatouie (Rattata) – by Ailen Claudio
Your friendly neighborhood rodent.
15. SeelenaGomez (Seel) – by Steph Esguerra
I love you like a love song, baby. Or do you prefer ‘Kissed by a Rose’?
16. SlowBrodband (Slowbro) – by Steph Esguerra
I can relate to this very much.
17. SquirtCobain (Squirtle) – by Ailen Claudio
Smells like squirt spirit.
18. Togue (Bellsprout) – as shared by Zo Aguila
Because really, what else does it look like?
19. ZubatHerrero (Zubat) – Reb Atadero
Inspired by the late actor Subas Herrero. May he rest in peace.
20. Zumbat (Zubat) – Steph Esguerra
Put on your night-vision glasses and leg warmers.
Which names made you laugh out loud or cringe? I’d love to know. Leave a comment below!
Note: I do not intend any copyright infringement on Niantic and other developers of Pokemon Go.